It's time for the 9th International Ambassadors informal blog hop.
This time the theme is recycle.... so pimping up something old or used to something new.
I had this old jewelry box awaiting to give it a new look.
To be honest, it was quite a lot of work, but I love the endresult...now it's a sewing box!
First painted the box white using acrylic paint.
Then added pieces of altered and inked patterned paper.
Cut/emboss/stencil Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops from white cardstock and using brown ink fior stenciling.
Cut borders from the die-cuts and adhere to the box.
Finish the sides of with hemp glued around the box.
Cut/emboss Spellbi nders Devine Floral from white cardstock and glue on top of the box.
Finish the lid of by adding lots and lots of embellishments such as spools, twine, pins, buttons, rhinestones, etc etc.
- Spellbinders®: S5-231 Devine Floral, S6-004 5x7 Detailed Scallops, PL-001 Platinum Die-cutting and Embossing machine
- Bo Bunny: patterned paper series" Heritage"
- Beacon Adhesives: 3 in 1 all purpose glue, double sided self-adhesive tape
- white cardstock
- Ranger: Vintage photo distress inkpad, ink blending tool, distresser
- hemp and lots of embellishments
I hope you the idea of reclycling the old jewelry box into a sewing box.
For some more great inspiration make sure to visit the blogs of the other International Ambassadors too:
- Christine Emberson (UK)
- Christina Griffiths (UK)
- Linda Lucas (Australia)
- Yvonne van de Grijp (Holland) (you're here ) :-)
I am looking forward to your comments... as always :-))
Happy blog hopping!